For more than 20 years Steven Sonmore helped people transform health problems into solutions for attaining better health. Steven is a licensed acupuncturist, Oriental bodywork therapist, and herbalist. He offers complete health care with acupuncture, Chinese herbs, nutritional counseling, and Oriental massage. He is licensed by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice and certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
He was inspired to study acupuncture and Oriental medicine after being struck by a car and subsequently cured of back pain with acupuncture. His articles on Oriental medicine have been featured in Qi Journal, Essential Wellness News, the Phoenix Newspaper and many more.His traditional training began at St. Cloud State University and St. John’s University. Searching for a method of affecting change in the human body on a deeper level, he studied at the School of Shiatsu Massage in California. He is a graduate of the Minnesota Institute of Acupuncture and Herbal Studies.
His philosophy is that the Oriental medical practitioner must maintain a high level of energy to be successful in this work. He is constantly researching and perfecting his methods. At Complete Oriental Medical Care, Steven offers a truly unique treatment plan, combining acupuncture, Chinese herbs, Oriental massage, and nutritional counseling to deliver more effective and nurturing care.
Steven’s expertise in Oriental medicine is well recognized in the community. He has taught classes at many education institutions, including the Minnesota Center for Shiatsu Study, Minneapolis School of Massage, Learning Annex, Edina Community Education and Burnsville Community Education.
Services and Training
- Offers a truly unique treatment plan combining acupuncture, Chinese herbology, Oriental massage, and Nutritional Assessment to deliver more effective and nurturing health care
- Graduated from the Minnesota Institute of Acupuncture and Herbal Studies in 1994
- Licensed in Acupuncture by the Minnesota Board of Medical Health
- Certified in Acupuncture and Oriental Bodywork Therapy by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Member of the Council of Healthcare Advisors
- Studied Advanced Balance Method with Richard Teh-Fu Tan, OMD, L.Ac.
- Studied Pulse Diagnosis and Chinese herbs with Dr. Jimmy Wei-Yen Chang
- Nutritional Assessment Training with Gregory Peterson, DC, DABCI
- Master Tung’s Acupuncture – Treatment for Pain and Difficult Conditions with Dr. Wei-Chieh Young
- Studied Japanese Acupuncture from Stephen Birch
- Certified in Facial Rejuvenation With Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine with Virginia Doran, MS, L.Ac., LMT
- Studied Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture System with Martha Lucas, Ph.D., L.Ac. and Denise Ellinger, L.Ac.
- Studied Korean Hand Acupuncture from Dr. Dan Lobash
- Studied Tenino-Muscular Meridians for pain relief with Dr. Tran Viet Dzug
- Certified in Acupressure by the Acupressure Institute (1992)
- Certified in Shiatsu by the School of Shiatsu & Massage (1998)
- Certified Chi Kung Instructor
- Studied Qi Gong with Shifu Jianye Jiang, Richard Teh-Fu Tan, OMD, L.Ac. and Ken Cohen
- Trained in Advanced Pranic Healing with Master Stephen Co
- Member of the Minnesota Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
- Member of the American Cosmetic Acupuncture Association
Published Articles and Media Interviews:
- Fox 9 Buzz KMSP TV
- Mpls St. Paul Magazine
- Chinese Medicine and Self Care
- The New York Times
- Hold the Chemicals, Bring on the Needles
- Qi Journal
- UPN29 TV
- Ancient Chinese Medicine For Modern Times
- Essential Wellness
- Licensed Acupuncturists treat many conditions
- Oriental Medicine Treats Allergies Successfully
- OC Register
- Phoenix Newspaper
- Holistic Junction
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine Newsletter
- Enjoy the Energy of Fall
- Enjoy the Energy of Fall
- Your Health in The New Year
- PulseMed Alternative Health
- Natural Health Web
- Edge Life Magazine